One awesome thing about windows phone is the wide array of commodity phones.
I love the reliability and durability of Nokia and they are pricing phones at ~$50 bucks OFF CONTRACT!
So, essentially you could have a different phone everyday.
It just so happens that some of these phones are only available in non-us markets.
I purchased the Nokia 1320, but it wasn’t configured to pick up MMS messages from AT&T and I found a fix.
As of November 2014 this is what works for me.
1. Settings > cellular+SIM
2. Make sure active network is AT&T and Data Connection is toggled On
3. Tap on SIM settings
4. You can make the SIM name whatever you want
5. Select the highest connection speed
6. Network Selection > Automatic
7. Manual Internet APN > On
8. Tap ‘edit internet APN’
9. Form should read like this: ( ___ is blank )
User name: ___
Authentication Type: PAP
Proxy Server(URL): ___
Proxy port: ___
IP type: IPv4
9. Tap the Save Icon at the bottom
10. Tap ‘edit MMS APN’
11. Form should read like this: ( ___ is blank )
User Name: ___
Authentication type: PAP
WAP gateway (URL): proxy.mobile.att.net
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: 1
IP type: IPv4
12. Tap the Save Icon.
13. Go back and tap on any messages that say “Get media content now (1kb)” to download those missing messages.
I’ll be switching phones again soon, so if I need to make any other adjustments I’ll post again.